- After sanding the wood, clean the surfaces to be bonded to remove any excess saw dust.
- Dampen both pieces of wood with water. The water can be applied using a spray bottle, sponge or damp paper towel.
- Apply Bolder Bond to one piece.
- Assemble using clamps or other suitable devices.
- Prepare the surfaces as above.
- Prior to wetting the surfaces with water, wipe with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to remove any oils.
- Proceed with gluing the joint in the same manner as regular wood.
- Sand the metal surfaces with 80 grit sand paper down to bare metal.
- Wipe the surfaces to be bonded with isopropyl alcohol.
- Apply a layer of Bolder Bond.
- Clamp the two items together and allow to cure.
- Dampen the two surfaces to be bonded with water.
- Apply a layer of Bolder Bond to one surface.
- Assemble the two surfaces together and allow to cure.
- Clean both surfaces to remove any loose plastic shavings.
- Dampen both surfaces with water.
- Assemble the two surfaces and allow to cure.
Bolder Bond® and Bolder Wrap® are manufactured WITHOUT the use of VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), nor does the finished product contain or emit VOC’s.
VOC’s can damage soil and ground water while vapors from VOC’s contribute to air pollution.