Bolder Bond is a high strength one part polyurethane adhesive to bond wood, ceramics, glass,
leather, acrylics, PVC and most plastics. The product is water or humidity activated and uniquely
formulated with additives that control the foaming during the curing phase.
HOW TO APPLY
- After sanding the wood, clean the surfaces to be bonded to remove any excess saw dust.
- Dampen both pieces of wood with water. The water can be applied using a spray bottle, sponge or damp paper towel.
- Apply Bolder Bond to one piece.
- Assemble using clamps or other suitable devices.
- Prepare the surfaces as above.
- Prior to wetting the surfaces with water, wipe with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to remove any oil.
- Proceed with gluing the joint in the same manner as regular wood.
- Dampen the two surfaces to be bonded with water.
- Apply a layer of Bolder Bond to one surface.
- Assemble the two surfaces together and allow to cure.
- Clean both surfaces to remove any loose plastic shavings.
- Dampen both surfaces with water.
- Assemble the two surfaces and allow to cure.